Get your free asbestos removal quote today!
Contact Asbestos Watch Townsville to get an excellent asbestos removal service
Get your free asbestos removal quote today!
Asbestos Removal: Protect Your Health, Protect Your Family
Any asbestos removal work including removing cladding, roof, or fence from around a building can be dangerous. There is a high risk of asbestos exposure if you don’t handle asbestos products according to standard regulations and safety procedures. This is why you need help from Asbestos Watch Townsville.
- Our Asbestos Removal Townsville Team will make sure that your Asbestos Removal Townsville project will be finished on-time.
- Our Asbestos Removal Townsville Team ensure that asbestos removal is carried out safely, cleanly and in accordance with the local and national regulations.
- We aim to offer quality services at value costs.
- Our Asbestos Removal Townsville Team hold an accredited licence and has fulfilled training requirements to conduct Asbestos Removal Townsville work.
- Our Asbestos Removal Townsville Team are highly skilled and have extensive experiences in doing asbestos-related works in residential, commercial and industrial settings.
- We are committed to deliver the best services and meet the clients’ needs.
Your safety and satisfaction are top priorities for Asbestos Watch Townsville. Rest assured you will receive high quality service at competitive prices, when you require services from our Asbestos Removal Townsville Team. Do not hesitate to contact us right now, we will give you a free, no-nonsense quote.
Asbestos Materials in Your Property
Long before people were aware of the health risks linked to asbestos, asbestos products had been widely used in Australian properties. Asbestos-containing materials were widely used in residential, commercial and industrial properties between the 1940s until the late 1980s.
Asbestos falls into two broad categories: friable and non-friable. Asbestos materials were widely used because they were durable, fire resistant and had good insulation properties. Friable materials pose a greater risk to health, while non-friable materials remain easier to encapsulate and contain.
Asbestos materials contain a high percentage of fibres and they release their fibres into the air when disturbed. Asbestos materials were commonly used as:
- Fire retardants
- Sound proofing
- Lining material on old domestic heaters
- Hot water systems
- The backing of sheet vinyl
- Linoleum floor coverings
- Pipe insulation
It is recommended that friable asbestos materials should be eliminated immediately by a professional removalist who holds a certification or a license to conduct friable asbestos removals. Although since 31 December 2003, Australia has totally banned the manufacture and use of asbestos products, most properties in Australia which were built before the 1990s, most likely will still contain asbestos. Performing asbestos removal or encapsulation should always be considered if you have an older house.
What are the health effects from asbestos exposure?
Inhaling asbestos fibres may trigger the progression of aggressive diseases such as asbestosis, mesothelioma and lung cancer. However, current scientific and medical evidence supports the fact that simply living or working in a building containing asbestos products is not dangerous, as long as the asbestos product remans encapsulated and undamaged. Asbestos become dangerous for our health when its fibres become airborne and inhaled.
Asbestos has been linked to three asbestos related diseases:
- and lung cancer.
It takes time for these disease to develop. The first symptom usually emerges at least 10 years after an initial exposure. Sometimes, it takes about 50 years after the initial exposure.
Although undamaged asbestos may not be harmful or threatening to your health, it is subject to deterioration which will lead to airborne asbestos. It would be advantageous to remove asbestos materials from your properties.
Referring to the safety codes, only workers who have been through training and obtain a certification can perform asbestos-related jobs. Do not risk your health and your environment. Trust the works to our Asbestos Removal Townsville Team.
Asbestos has caused death to many people. Make sure you protect your family from asbestos. To find out more on how to save your loved ones from asbestos, check out our asbestos testing Townsville. Always be smart and be safe.
More about health risk from fibre exposure on:
Safe Handling of Asbestos
Handling asbestos products can be complicated. The Queensland legislation clearly states that asbestos removal work should be performed by a person who has an asbestos removal license. If you believe or suspect that your property contains asbestos products, leave it to us, we are the licensed professionals, call Asbestos Removal Townsville Team today.
Asbestos removal generally done by our Asbestos Removal Townsville Team:
- Perform an inspection in your building. Our Asbestos Removal Townsville Team will check and inspect your property thoroughly to identify suspects materials.
- Equipped with specialised equipment, our Asbestos Removal Townsville Team will take sampling in the safest manner. They will keep the area clean and safe at all times. The samples will be analysed in an accredited laboratory.
- Conduct asbestos removal works on any material that needs to be eliminated immediately, our Asbestos Removal Townsville Team can do the job promptly.
- The removed suspected materials will be put in 200micron plastic bag and disposed of properly. The disposal process will be done at an EPA approved waste facility. Once the process is completed, you will receive the final report.
Our Asbestos Removal Townsville Team are reliable and highly skilled to undertake asbestos removal projects in various settings, from residential to industrial. You can be sure that we will deliver excellent services at competitive prices.
Get in touch with us to obtain asbestos removal services and a free quote. What are you waiting for? Your asbestos solution is only one call away!